To ensure that our product can keep meeting market demand and adopting forward-looking technology, Apacer may periodically announce product change or cease the production of obsolete models.
Apacer is dedicated to providing the top quality and reliable products for our valued customers. To ensure that our product can keep meeting market demand and adopting forward-looking technology, Apacer may periodically announce product change or cease the production of obsolete models.
- This statement is intended only for users who directly purchase products from Apacer. Such users should check with the seller for any warranty service.
- This warranty does not cover any damage to this product, its external case or its packaging that results from accident, abuse, misuse, lightning, fire, water, natural or personal disaster, or any unauthorized disassembly, repair, or modification.
The following items are not covered under this warranty:
- Misuse of the Product (misuse due to non-compliance with the Company's product manual; use for the purpose of testing fixture, and abuse); negligence; natural disasters, poor operation environment; power supply problems or human damages; improper installations and modifications without the authorization of the Company (personal repair or disassembly); the tags with Apacer product information or the warranty label are physically damaged or missing (unidentifiable or altered by the user); the serial number has been torn or removed.
- Any software or content installed previously or provided for downloading on the official website.
- Issues concerning product compatibility.
- Non-Apacer branded products.
- Accessories, packing materials, consumables and others excluded from the service for the main unit.
The DOA warranty means if any Industrial SSD products from Apacer are damaged or found to be faulty within this period except results from all the above-mentioned unrepaired items, Apacer will provide replacement products on an exchange basis with the new unit(s) to the customer within 10 days once Apacer receives the returned defective products.
All Industrial SSD products from Apacer are under DOA “defect on arrival” warranty within 45days from the date of manufacture (S/N) to customer installation. Products that have been in usebeyond the DOA period will be repaired under the terms of the Aapcer’s warranty statement and not replaced with new products.
Definition of AcronymsAcronyms:
- EOL = End Of Life date.
- LBO = Last Buy Order date.
- LBS = Last Buy Shipment date.
- EOS = End Of Service date. (For RMA service.)
- EOW = End Of Warranty date. (for Product Warranty and/or FAE support.)
- Sometime after the manufacture date or purchase date of a product, Apacer will issue an EOL notice. The LBO will be less than six months from this notice.
- Six months after the EOL notice is issued, the EOL will occur. The LBS will be less than six months from this notice.
- The product will be covered by the warranty for its stated period, starting from the date indicated in the product serial number. Then the warranty will expire on the EOW.
- If a product is found to have a defective part and is sent to Apacer for repair during the warranty period, Apacer will repair it and ship it back. Apacer will also supply an extra 3 month maintenance period in this case, beginning from the date the product was received after being repaired.
- Once the EOW has passed, Apacer will offer paid replacement and repair services, as long as materials remain in stock and Apacer has available equipment for repairing. Once this is no longer available, the EOS will occur.
Duration of Warranty
SLC and SLC-liteX Products
The series of SLC-Based Products are covered by below duration (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- Five years (applies to the products shipped later than Jan. 1st, 2019)
- For SLC products: The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 60,000 Program-erase Counts, which is indicated by Apacer’s S.M.A.R.T. software. This includes Industrial Flash Cards, SATA, PATA, USB and PCIe SSDs.
- For SLC-liteX products:
(A) The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 30,000 Program-erase Counts, which is indicated by Apacer’s S.M.A.R.T. software. This includes Industrial Flash Cards, USB drives and PATA drives.
(B) The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded up to 100,000 Program-erase Counts, which is indicated by Apacer’s S.M.A.R.T. software. This includes Industrial PCIe SSDs, SATA drives and CFast cards.
SLC-lite and MLC-liteX Products
The series of SLC-lite and MLC-liteX Products are covered for the duration below (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- Three Years
- For SLC-lite Products: The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 20,000 Program-erase Counts, which is indicated by Apacer’s S.M.A.R.T. software. This includes Industrial Flash Cards and SATA SSDs.
For MLC-liteX Products: The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 10,000 Program-erase Counts, which is indicated by Apacer’s S.M.A.R.T. software. This includes Industrial Flash Cards and SATA SSDs
MLC-based and 3D TLC Products
The series of MLC-based and 3D TLC (PT/ST & PV/SV Series) Products are covered for the duration below (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- Two Years＊
- The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 3,000 Program-erase Counts, which is indicated by Apacer’s S.M.A.R.T. software. This includes Industrial Flash Cards, SATA, PATA, USB and PCIe SSDs.
(*MLC-based Products which have a capacity of 4GB or below are covered by a One-Year Warranty.)
* For More information please see the link:
Apacer will identify a product warranty by the manufacture date. For products with an expired maintenance/collection period, Apacer supplies an additional 3-month maintenance period.
Warranty Claim Procedures and Requirements
All return items must have a RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (RMA) number issued by Apacer from Apacer's web site http://service.apacer.com. To obtain warranty service, you have to return a defective product, freight-prepaid and insured, to Apacer. You must include product identification information, including model number and serial number (if applicable) with a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.
Once you have obtained an RMA number from Apacer, you must, within thirty (30) days, send the product freight-prepaid and insured to Apacer. Products shipped to the factory must be properly packaged to prevent damage in transit. You must include the Apacer RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of your package and on the shipping label only.
If you send your product to the factory without the RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of the package, it will be returned to you unopened. Customer will be responsible for round-trip freight for RMA.
- Apacer is only responsible for the maintenance and testing of the hardware without offering recovery and back up for data stored therein. Apacer shall not be liable for any damage and/or loss of data caused by any reason during the delivery for maintenance or improper use/installation, unprofessional repair, modification and any improper action that causes NAND flash to exceed its lifespan abnormally. This constitutes Apacer’s entire liability which will never exceed the purchase price of the product.
- In no event shall the Company assume any liability or compensation for intellectual property rights violations, loss of profits, damage of business reputation, loss of earnings, loss of data, or other indirect and incidental losses or damages arising from or related to the use of products to the largest extent permitted by applicable laws.
- Apacer’s products may be used for various applications. Apacer shall not be liable for misuse of the products or applying the products to all other relevant applications that may lead to personal injury or death due to product failure, defection or disorder, including but not limited to medical or medical-related equipment, military or military-related equipment, traffic control equipment, disaster prevention systems, combustion control systems and nuclear energy systems.
To identify manufacture date from PN and SN label
The 3rd to 6th digits in serial number indicate the year and week of production. For example:
- "S/N: 77 0012 23456" indicates Year 2000 and week 12th week. (March)
- "S/N: 88 0202 23456" indicates Year 2002 and week 2nd week. (January)
- The above terms of warranty constitute the entire warranty policy of the Company and cover all other agreements, whether oral or written. The Company makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether express or implied.
- In the event that the laws and policies of certain country/region stipulate a maximum warranty period on products, the Company will, to the largest extent permitted by laws of such countries, provide technical support and warranty service.
- In the event that the laws and policies of certain country/region prohibit the exclusion of implied warranty, the Company will only agree to perform the liability of implied warranty on the products in such country/region within the Company's express warranty period.