To ensure that our product can keep meeting market demand and adopting forward-looking technology, Apacer may periodically announce product change or cease the production of obsolete models
Apacer is dedicated to providing the top quality and reliable products for our valued customers. To ensure that our product can keep meeting market demand and adopting forward-looking technology, Apacer may periodically announce product change or cease the production of obsolete models. This document states the policy of Apacer Product Change Notice (PCN) & End-of-Life (EOL) criteria.
- This statement is not intended for users who do NOT directly purchase products from Apacer. Such users should check with the seller for any warranty service.
- The statement only applies to direct purchasers of the products from Apacer.
- This warranty does not cover marred cabinets or any damage to this product that results from accident, abuse, misuse, lightening, fire, water, natural or personal disaster, or any unauthorized disassembly, repair, or modification.
The following items are not covered under this warranty:
- Misuse of the Product (misuse due to non-compliance with the Company's product manual; use for the purpose of testing fixture, and abuse); negligence; natural disasters, poor operation environment; power supply problems or human damages; improper installations and modifications without the authorization of the Company (personal repair or disassembly); the tags with Apacer product information or the warranty label is physically damaged or missing (unidentifiable or altered by the user); the serial number has been torn or removed.
- Any software or content installed previously or provided for downloading on the official website.
- Issues concerning product compatibility.
- Non-Apacer branded products.
- Accessories, packing materials, consumables and others excluded from the service for the main unit.
The DOA warranty means if any Industrial SSD products from Apacer are damaged or found to be faulty within this period except results from all the above-mentioned unrepaired items, Apacer will provide replacement products on an exchange basis with the new unit(s) to the customer within 10 days once Apacer receive returned defective products.
All Industrial SSD products from Apacer are under DOA “defect on arrival” warranty within 45days from the date of manufacture (S/N) to customer installation. Products that have been in usebeyond the DOA period will be repaired under the terms of the Aapcer’s warranty statement and not replaced with new products.
Duration of Warranty
The series of SLC-Based Products are covered by below duration (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- I. Three-Years
- II.The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 60,000 Erase Count, which is indicated by Apacer’s SMART software. Including Industrial Flash Cards, SATA, PATA ,USB and PCIe SSDs.
The series of MLC-Based and 3D TLC (PT/ST & PV/SV Series) Products are covered by below duration (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- I. Two-Years
- II.The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 3,000 Erase Count, which is indicated by Apacer’s SMART software. Including Industrial Flash Cards, SATA, PATA,USB and PCIe SSDs. (＊= MLC-Based Products which capacity is 4GB or below 4GB are covered by a One-Year Warranty)
The series of SLC-lite Products are covered by below duration (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- I. Three-Years
- II.The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 20,000 Erase Count, which is indicated by Apacer’s SMART software. Including Industrial Flash Cards and SATA SSDs.
The series of SC-Based Products are covered by below duration (I or II), whichever occurs first.
- I. Three-Years
- II.The period ending on the date when the SSD has exceeded 300 Erase Count, which is indicated by Apacer’s SMART software. Including Industrial Flash Cards and SATA SSDs.
* More information please see the link:
Apacer will identify product warranty by the manufacture date. Referring to products with expired maintenance/collection period, APACER supplies an addition of 3 month's maintenance period.
Warranty Claim Procedures and Requirements
All return items must have a RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (RMA) number issued by Apacer from Web site http://service.apacer.com. To obtain warranty service, you have to return a defective product, freight-prepaid and insured, to Apacer. You must include product identification information, including model number and serial number (if applicable) with a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.
Once you have obtained an RMA number from Apacer, you must, within thirty (30) days, send the product freight-prepaid and insured to Apacer. Products shipped to the factory must be properly packaged to prevent damage in transit. You must include the Apacer RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of your package and on the shipping label only.
If you send your product to the factory without the RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of the package, it will be returned to you unopened. Customer will be responsible for round-trip freight for RMA.
Apacer does not allow customer to collect RMA and have a huge shipment return.
Typographical, Photographic and Technical Errors
Apacer does its best to be accurate but occasionally mistakes do occur. Apacer is not responsible for any typographical, photographic or technical errors. Apacer will try to advise you of any such errors affecting you via email confirmation when you place your order. Note: Products and packaging depicted may differ from stock available at time of shipment; Apacer reserve s the right to substitute equivalent items.
- Apacer is only responsible for the maintenance and testing for the hardware without offering recovery and back up for data stored therein. Apacer shall not be liable for any damage and/or loss of data caused by any reason during the delivery for maintenance or improper use/installation, unprofessional repair, modification and any improper action that causes NAND flash to exceed its lifespan abnormally. This constitutes Apacer’s entire liability which will never exceed the purchase price of the product.
- In no event shall the Company assume any liability or compensation for intellectual property rights violations, loss of profits, damage of business reputation, loss of earnings, loss of data, or other indirect and incidental losses or damages arising from or related to the use of products to the largest extent permitted by applicable laws.
- The company’s products may be used for various applications. Apacer shall not be liable for misuse of the products or applying the products to all other relevant applications that may lead to personal injury or death due to product failure, defection or disorder, including but not limited to medical or medical-related equipment, military or military-related equipment, traffic control equipment, disaster prevention system, combustion control system and nuclear energy system.
- The above terms of warranty constitute the entire warranty policy of the Company and cover all other agreements, whether oral or written. The Company makes no other warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, whether express or implied.
- In the event that the laws and policies of certain country/region stipulate a maximum warranty period on products, the Company will, to the largest extent permitted by laws of such countries, provide technical support and warranty service.
- In the event that the laws and policies of certain country/region prohibit the exclusion of implied warranty, the Company will only agree to perform the liability of implied warranty on the products in such country/region within the Company's express warranty period.
To identify manufacture date from SN label
The 3rd to 6th digits in serial number means the year and week of production, for example:
- "S/N: 77 00121 23456" indicates Year 2000 and week 12th. (March)
- "S/N: 88 02021 23456" indicates Year 2002 and week 2nd. (January)