Tailor-made Rugged Solutions for Defense Applications
Apacer SM23D is a series of rugged, defense-grade solid-state drives and modules specifically designed for defense applications to protect highly sensitive data.
Incorporating hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption and Smart Read Refresh™, Apacer SM23D-25 not only offers high performance, reliability and data security, but also extends the expected operational lifetime multiplied by Global Wear Leveling. Data integrity and stability of data transmission can be further guaranteed by Power Failure Management, ensuring that products are protected from power disruptions and can function smoothly even in harsh environments thanks to extensive testing.
Multiple Protection Technologies that Safeguard Sensitive Data
In addition to the aforementioned built-in implementations, Apacer SM23D-25 provides a wide range of optional solutions and cutting-edge technologies featuring multiple approaches to protection, including TCG Opal 2.0/SED, Instant Keychange™, MIL Erase, Digital Destruction and Write Protect. These security features can be triggered either via software or hardware methods, except TCG Opal 2.0 which can only be activated via software commands. With these technologies available for employment, mission-critical data is safeguarded against unauthorized access at all times and no data will be compromised as Apacer SM23D-25 adheres to military compliance standards.
Withstood 8 Tough US DoD Military Standard Tests
Apacer SM23D-25 is a combination of the latest firmware, software and hardware technologies that guarantee that defense solutions are perfectly customized and engineered for customers’ requirements.
The US Department of Defense has a complex series of military standards. The SM23D defense series has passed their tests that cover:
- Vibration: Reaches the highest requirements of MIL-STD 810G 514.6 for Fixed Wing Jet Aircraft.
- High/Low Temp.
- Thermal Shock: Exposes components to high and low temperatures that cycle rapidly.
- Altitude: Simulates the effects of high pressure in an aircraft flying at 80,000 feet.
- Salt Fog: Uses a five percent salt spray to simulate accelerated corrosion in a relatively slow airflow environment.
- Radiation: Simulates the full-spectrum interference environment that heat and sunlight can create.
- Model SM23D-25
- Interface SATA 3.2 (6Gb/s)
- Connector (7+15) pin
- Form Factor 2.5”
- NAND Flash Type MLC
With AES 256 support: 32GB~1TB
With TCG Opal 2.0 support: 32GB~512GB
- External DRAM No
- Sequential Read Performance (MB/sec) Up to 560
- Sequential Write Performance (MB/sec) Up to 510
- ECC Engine Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) Code
- IOPS (4K Random Write) 65K
- Standard Operating Temperature ( °C ) 0 ~ + 70
- Extended Operating Temperature ( °C ) -40 ~ + 85
- Storage Temperature ( °C ) -55 ~ + 100
- Thermal Sensor Yes
MIL-STD-202G, Condition A
MIL-STD-883K, Condition B
MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6,
Procedure I, Category 24
MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6,
Procedure I, Category 7
- Operating Voltage 5V ± 10%
- Power Consumption Active mode: 590 mA / Idle mode: 100 mA
- Dimension (L x W x H ) 100.00 x 69.84 x 9.30 (mm)
- MTBF (hours) >5,000,000
- Technology Conformal Coating / CoreEraser / CoreDestroyer / DEVSLP / Instant Keychange™ / Nano Coating / Opaque / Page Mapping / Sidefill / S.M.A.R.T. / Smart Read Refresh™ / SSDWidget 2.0 / TCG Opal 2.0 / Thermal Sensor / Thermal Cycling / Wide Temperature / Write Protect / 30µ Gold Finger
- Application Defense