Apacer’s SDM5A-M (SATA Disk Module 5A - M) offers elevated speed boost and higher error correction capabilities. Built with SATA 6 Gb/s interface, SDM5A-M delivers exceptional performance in data transfer.
With its SATA interface compliance and compact size, this high-speed disk module defines an ideal balance of performance, capacities, reliability and cost. SDM5A-M comes in moderate capacities that are suitable to boot industrial applications and light operating systems for specific operations, while with some extra memory space for data storage. The architectural nature of SATA disk module provides higher resistance to external environmental influences and better flexibility for motherboard space.
Regarding data reliability, SDM5A-M is built in with powerful ECC engine that can correct up to 40-bit per 1KB data. In addition, the controller unit of this DOM device supports wear-leveling, SMART and power failure management for data integrity. Wit its trustable reliability, performance and cost effectiveness, Apacer’s SDM5A-M is definitely the ideal storage or cache solution for embedded and industrial computers, servers and thin clients.
Plug-and-play Cable-less power Multi-PowerPath
Apacer’s Multi-PowerPath technology provides a three-option plug-and-play solution for power supply. In addition to using a conventional power cable, power can also be supplied through either Pin7 VCC or state-of-art 7+2 pin connector on the side with cable-less design, allowing an SSD to operate without external power supply, giving it the dual advantages of signal integrity and flexible configuration on the motherboard. With the exclusive, innovative power circuit mechanism, Multi-PowerPath protects miniature SSD from being damaged by overheating even when power is concurrently supplied via the three methods.
Page Mapping FTL
Page mapping is a 4K-based firmware technology whose essence lies in the ability to gather data, distribute the data into 4KB blocks automatically, and then schedule the data to be evenly written. This implementation is also evidenced by JEDEC that 4KB is the most frequently used block size for data read/write access, constituting 67% of server workload. Thus, 4K page mapping is adopted to increase random access speed and improve SSD lifespan, reduce block erase frequency, and achieve optimized performance and lifespan.
- Model SDM5A-M 7P/180D LP5(H)
- Interface SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)
- Connector 7-pin
- Form Factor SATA Disk Module
- NAND Flash Type MLC
- Capacity 32GB ~ 64GB
- External DRAM No
- Sequential Read Performance (MB/sec) Up to 435
- Sequential Write Performance (MB/sec) Up to 80
- ECC Engine Built-in 40-bit per 1K bytes BCH ECC
- Standard Operating Temperature ( °C ) 0 ~ + 70
- Extended Operating Temperature ( °C ) -40 ~ + 85
- Storage Temperature ( °C ) -40 ~ + 100
- Housing Optional
- H/W Write Protect Optional
- Screw Hole No
- Cable-less Solution Optional (7+2 cable-less, Pin 7 Power cable-less)
- Thermal Sensor No
Operation: 50G, 11ms
Non-operation: 1500G, 0.5ms
Operation: 7.69 Grms, 20~2000 Hz/random
(compliant with MIL-STD-810G)
Non-operation: 15 G, 10 ~ 2000 Hz/sine
- Operating Voltage 5.0 V ± 5%
- Power Consumption Active mode: 225 mA & Idle mode: 70 mA
Dimension (L x W x H )
Standard type: 30.0 x 27.8 x 8.2 mm
High-speed type: 30.0 x 27.8 x 7.4 mm
32.5 x 29.4 x 8.53 mm
- MTBF (hours) >1,000,000
- Technology Content Pre-load / Page Mapping / Power Cable-less / S.M.A.R.T. / SSDWidget 2.0 / Thermal Sensor / Wide Temperature
- Application Gaming / Server & Networking / Transportation