Tailor-made Rugged PCIe Solutions for Defense Applications
Apacer PV22D is a series of rugged, defense-grade PCIe solid-state drives and modules specifically designed for defense applications to protect highly sensitive data with M.2 2280 mechanical dimensions. Supporting the super-fast PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and NVMe 1.3 specifications and built with a powerful PCIe controller, Apacer PV22D delivers outstanding performance in data transfer, reaching up to 221,000/266,000 and 1,710/1,685 MB/s in IOPS and sequential read/write. Utilizing 3D NAND for higher capacity up to 1920GB and providing more power efficiency than 2D NAND, PV22D is implemented with LDPC (Low Density Parity Check) ECC engine to extend SSD endurance and increase data reliability.
Incorporating hardware-based AES 256-bit encryption and Smart Read Refresh™, Apacer PV22D not only offers high performance, reliability and data security, but also extends the expected operational lifetime multiplied by Global Wear Leveling. Data integrity and stability of data transmission can be further guaranteed by DataDefender™, ensuring that products are protected from power disruptions and can function smoothly even in harsh environments. Moreover, the level of protection against data loss increases with DataRAID™ to provide fault tolerance and improve data availability in the event of a drive failure.
Multiple Protection Technologies that Safeguard Sensitive Data
In addition to the aforementioned built-in implementations, Apacer PV22D provides a wide range of optional solutions and cutting-edge technologies featuring multiple approaches to protection, including TCG Opal 2.0/SED, Instant Keychange, MIL Erase, Digital Destruction and Write Protect. These security features can be triggered either via software or hardware methods, except TCG Opal 2.0 which can only be activated via software commands. With these technologies available for employment, mission-critical data is safeguarded against unauthorized access at all times and no data will be compromised as Apacer PV22D adheres to military compliance standards.
Withstood 8 Tough US DoD Military Standard Tests
Apacer PV22D-M280 is a combination of the latest firmware, software and hardware technologies that guarantee that defense solutions are perfectly customized and engineered for customers’ requirements. With protective technologies and robust design, Apacer PV22D provides the highest standard of reliability – whether in terms of data security, data integrity and data protection.
The US Department of Defense has a complex series of military standards. Apacer defense series has passed their tests that cover:
- Vibration: Reaches the highest requirements of MIL-STD 810G 514.6 for Fixed Wing Jet Aircraft.
- High/Low Temp.
- Thermal Shock: Exposes components to high and low temperatures that cycle rapidly.
- Altitude: Simulates the effects of high pressure in an aircraft flying at 80,000 feet.
- Salt Fog: Uses a five percent salt spray to simulate accelerated corrosion in a relatively slow airflow environment.
- Radiation: Simulates the full-spectrum interference environment that heat and sunlight can create.
- Model PV22D-M280
- Interface PCIe Gen3 x4
- Connector M.2 M Key
- Form Factor M.2 2280-D5-M Key
- NAND Flash Type 3D TLC
M.2 2280 Single side, M key: 120 GB
M.2 2280 Double side, M key: 240/480/960/1920 GB
- External DRAM No
- Sequential Read Performance (MB/sec) Up to 1710
- Sequential Write Performance (MB/sec) Up to 1685
- ECC Engine Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) Code
- IOPS (4K Random Write) 266K
- Standard Operating Temperature ( °C ) 0 ~ + 70
- Extended Operating Temperature ( °C ) -40 ~ + 85
- Storage Temperature ( °C ) -55 ~ + 100
- Thermal Sensor Yes
MIL-STD-202G, Condition A
MIL-STD-883K, Condition B
MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6,
Procedure I, Category 24
MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6,
Procedure I, Category 7
- Operating Voltage 3.3V±5%
- Power Consumption Low Power PS4 (L1.2): < 5.5mW / Idle mode: 250 mA
Dimension (L x W x H )
Single side: 22.00 x 80.00 x 2.58 (mm)
Double side: 22.00 x 80.00 x 4.08 (mm)
- MTBF (hours) >5,000,000
- Technology CoreEraser / CoreDestroyer / DataDefender™ / DataRAID™ / Instant Keychange™ / NVMe Secure Erase / Opaque / Over-provisioning / Page Mapping / Sidefill / S.M.A.R.T. / Smart Read Refresh™ / SSDWidget 2.0 / TCG Opal 2.0 / Thermal Sensor / Thermal Throttling / Wide Temperature / Write Protect
- Application Defense